TREXLERTOWN – Rep. Gary Day (R-Lehigh/Berks) invites residents of the 187th District in Lehigh and Berks counties to join him and his staff at their district office Open House, to be held Thursday, June 21, from 3-7 p.m.
Day is holding this Open House as a way to remind residents that his office is available to help with a variety of state government-related services, even though it is located at a temporary location at the Good Will Fire Company No. 1 in Trexlertown. The firehall is located at 7723 Hamilton Blvd.
“Due to a fire at our previous location in the Star Plaza in New Tripoli in March, we have set up this temporary location at the Good Will Fire Company, where we may be for an extended time. I thank the fire company for its willingness to allow us to serve residents from this location,” Day said. “But we also want people to know where we are and that we’re always available to serve them, help cut through government red tape and assist them with whatever issues they may have.”
The office is open Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and is available by phone at the original district office number: (610) 760-7082.
Services offered by the district office include:
• Driver’s license and vehicle registration applications and renewals.
• Assistance with PennDOT paperwork (lost cards, changes, corrections, special registration plates, vanity plates, and temporary placards for persons with disabilities).
• Property Tax/Rent Rebate applications (when available).
• PACE and PACENET applications for senior citizens.
• State tax forms.
• Copies of birth and death certificates.
• Referrals to agencies to resolve state-related matters.
• Unclaimed property recovery.
• Information about legislation and new laws.
Residents can keep up with the latest from the district and in Harrisburg by visiting Day’s legislative website at RepGaryDay.com
or following him on social media at Facebook.com/RepGaryDay
Representative Gary Day
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Keaton