– Rep. Gary Day (R-Lehigh/Berks) today announced that forms for the state’s Property Tax/Rent Rebate program for the 2016 tax year are now available.
Eligible participants can receive a rebate of up to $650 based on their rent or property taxes paid in 2016. The program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians who are 65 years or older, widows and widowers 50 years or older, and those 18 years or older with permanent disabilities.
Eligibility income limits are set at the following levels, excluding 50 percent of Social Security, Supplemental Security Income and Railroad Retirement Tier 1 benefits:
- $0 to $8,000, maximum $650 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $8,001 to $15,000, maximum $500 rebate (homeowners and renters).
- $15,001 to $18,000, maximum $300 rebate (homeowners only).
- $18,001 to $35,000, maximum $250 rebate (homeowners only).
Applicants who submitted forms for the 2015 program year may already have received booklets in the mail.
Day reminds residents that they need not pay a private entity for assistance in filing the forms. Copies of the forms, as well as assistance with filing them, are available at Day’s office at no cost. Applicants should be prepared to provide all the necessary income, property tax or rental information required to process claims quickly and accurately. Applications are due by June 30.
For additional information or assistance, contact Day’s office at (610) 760-7082. A link to additional information about the program, as well as access to downloadable forms, is also available at his website at RepGaryDay.com
Representative Gary Day
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Keaton